Today your life can change.
For job seekers, recently graduated students, and/or professionals dissatisfied with their current career track, the Central Florida Jobs Initiative offers a life changing FREE seven-session-job–readiness program. You heard right, free. Well, there are a few strings attached…
The pre-qualifications are as follow:
* Eighteen years or older
* High School or G.E.D. (minimum)
* Transportation to session location
* Adequate childcare (if applicable)
* Ability to complete a criminal background
Here’s how this complementary seven-session workshop can empower and energize your employment journey: Developed by the Christian HELP Foundation, the goal is to “equip and empower job seekers to become excellent employees.” This is, in part, achieved by identifying and altering traits, behaviors, and attitudes necessary for success not only during the job search process, but also after a job offer has been accepted.
Though offered monthly, the upcoming module/session dates (with career-focus) are as follows:
* Module 1: Creating Your Job Search Plan is scheduled for July 15, 2013
* Module 2: Crafting Your Cover Letter and Resume is scheduled for July 17, 2013
* Module 3: Networking in the Digital Age is scheduled for July 22, 2013
* Module 4: Job Search Tactics is scheduled for July 24, 2013
* Module 5: Interviewing and Impressions is scheduled for July 29, 2013
* Module 6: Mock Interviews, Financial Wellness, and Legal Assistance is scheduled for July 30, 2013
* Module 7: Performance Excellence is scheduled for July 31, 2013
Class times are from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm and are held at the Willow Creek Church, 4725 East Lake Drive, Winter Springs, Florida 32708.
The selection process is as follows:
* You are required to complete an application
* Engage in a phone interview
* Be prepared for a face to face interview
One more thing, participants must attend all modules to complete the program successfully. Not only will these free workshops strengthen your career potential, participants are guaranteed an interview upon successful completion of the program! Additionally, the six-book series used throughout the sessions are another free takeaway. This series, created for the sole purpose of helping you in your career journey, was developed in partnership with local publishers and writers at Education Career Services (www.edu-cs.com) whose career material has helped thousands globally and is yours to take advantage of. This complete hard copy career empowering series is offered only to those participating in the classes.
No doubt about it: Today your life can change.
Please email Zeynep@christianhelp.org for additional information.
Currently, Christian HELP is in the process of looking for instructors for these upcoming classes and would love it if you wish to teach one of our job employment program sessions. Please let Mackenna Bowles, project management intern with Christian HELP, know at email@example.com that you are interested in instructing one of these classes or participating in mock interviews.
It has been an honor to align with Christian HELP to bring this opportunity to so many throughout Central Florida. If you have any questions, please reach out at the above email addresses or if you wish to contact education career services directly, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help you.
Together we can make the world a better place, one step at a time.
Danny Huffman, MA, CEIP, CPRW, CPCC
Writer/Editor with Education Career Services
Follow us on Twitter #dannyatecs
Education Career Services: www.edu-cs.com
West Orlando News Online, Event and Career Columnist: http://westorlandonews.com